On Growing A Soul

sub·jec·tive
səbˈjektiv/
adjective
adjective: subjective
1.

based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions.

"his views are highly subjective"

synonyms:personal, individual, emotional, instinctive, intuitive

"a subjective analysis"



I pay a lot of attention to the movement of the stars. And even more attention to where the stars were at the moment I was born (3:59 am on 4.22.83 in South Bend, Indiana) in the hopes that they can help shed some light (starlight?) on what the heck I'm supposed to be doing here, on Earth, I mean. Most people find Astrology to be a parlour game but, I just can't help but adore it. As my best friend says, Astrology is my religion. I'd never thought about it that way, but, she is probably right. Best friends usually are.
In my far and long searches, amongst astrological writings consulted to point me in the direction of any (hopefully romantic) vocation I may have destined. The best I can turn up, is I should hardly focus on traditional work at all- because apparently, "in previous incarnations, there may have been an overabundance of professional activities and social responsibility. Now the person must concentrate on his own soul growth and fulfillment of emotional needs. She is here for a highly subjective, even sentimental, experience of life."

Yikes. Well, at least it mentions healing professions, cooking, innkeeping (I like that one) But, ouch, this reading on the North Node in the 4th House also says, "This person should not look for a life of profound philosophical meaning. Rather, she is here to experience the full value of her emotions, senses, passions, sensitivities and vulnerabilities. Her job is to keep her family and the human species alive and well, being a support system for those in need."

Long story short- Subjectively Ashley starts today, because I always feel better when I write. And, stars or no stars, doesn't it make sense to do what feels good? Here's to..... growing a soul. But, don't worry, I still have my day jobs:)




*All quotes in this post are taken from writings by James Braha

Comments